Thursday, September 25, 2008

passion of cricket

One of the famous and heartful game consider by me was Cricket. I used to play cricket in college days. then After a long time I played cricket match near my homes with a well-known team in our area, I was really a great match played that too after a very long time. I am posting this because consider this match as the best ever match played by me. We lost the toss, the opponent decided to bat first, and they scored a massive 119 in 12 over. I think we were out of touch in bowling and thus conceded a high score. But I managed to bowl well in first 2 over and to my surprise I took hat trick wicket in my 2nd over, nevertheless their bottom knocked out my team bowlers including the 3rd over of mine. We planned well such that they do not reach more than 60’s but they scored twice than what we thought of restricting. I had no other option except to open the innings for my team, since I had a good touch in batting as well. I think we had a better start, we were in momentum and we didn’t lose wicket until our 7th over and got 68 runs, I felt I was batting extremely well, we were struggling a bit in 9th and 10th over and got 85 runs in 10 over and the first wicket fell down in the 10th over only. it was not easy to get 35 runs in last 2 over, I got 2 six and a 4 in 11th over and I scored 50 runs for the second time in match. I was happy that I scored 50, we needed 15 runs in last over, and we lost a wicket of the first ball and followed by a run out. we managed to get only 8 runs of last 4 balls. All my teammates were highly disappointed but I was happy with my performance.

No comments: